When I was a kid my dad bought this little transistor radio that had cop frequencies on it along with AM and FM. It also picked up mobile phones, which at that time were these huge affairs that took up about 3 cuft and had a full-size corded handset. I recall there was this one guy I would hear all the time, talking to his girlfriend on the phone from the car, after he left his wife at home and was driving around. Trouble is you could only hear one side of the conversation (the car) as the receiving freq must have been different. He must have lived in the neighborhood somewhere, I think he was like a sales guy or real estate agent or something. I was like 14 or something, and learned a lot about quite a bit from listening to this guy. Too funny. When my dad found out what I was so intent on listening too, he took it away from me, and I caught him listening a time or two.

--R