I hope someone can help me with a Windoze machine -- it's my brother's HP, about 6 years old or so. Put another used (supposedly working) board in because the original was suffering from overheat shudowns in spite of cleaning the heat sink, replacing the fan, and using Arctic Sliver thermal paste.

My problem is that although it booted up, when I tried to re-activate Windows it reboots instead. Eventually it won't reboot. It did load new drivers for all the "new" hardware (new MB), and will run just fine in safe mode, but crashes in a variety of ways when I attempt to start windows normally.

I have not replaced the power supply (will try that tomorrow), but get an occasional blue screen of death telling me that (DUH) I have a device driver problem. Of course I do, I can't load them after repairing the installation because it won't start!.

Any advice (beside buy a Mac, which is what I would do)?

Thanks!

ps.  I hate windoze.

Peer