I have a small one of those screwdrivers that my dad bought years ago when we were working on the boat. Since I was a kid, my job was to remove and replace the brass or SS screws all over the boat. Later, I acquired that screwdriver for my toolbox. It is one of my favorites, and in a pinch, it will remove Phillips too.

I don't think flaps has them, but an electric wholesaler might. I'd use my maggot. It is a telescoping magnet about 1/2" dia that is very powerful. I can use it to spin in a screw to get it started. works best with flathead screws. FLAPS has the maggots. mine came from oreilley, so autozone probably has them too.

You can also use some heavy grease or masking tape to stick the screw to the screwdriver. For removal, i sometimes hold the maggot close to the screw while I am spinning it out. That has prevented some losses.

Many years ago (maybe 50), I had a common screwdriver (shaft about 6 inches, or so) with a screw gripper spring on it that could help keep from losing a screw into the abyss like that beneath the monovalve on my 91 350SDL. Spring on opposing sides of the shaft had tips that would fit under head of the screw, etc. 'Spose Auto Zone may have such to help with my pending valve kit replacement? No room to get my fingers down in there. 'Plan to pack paper towels around the valve, too, in order to put a top on the abyss.

Wilton