Message: 7
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:48:22 -0800

Hi Kevin,

Yes, that is a deliberate alternate spelling of 'Marlene Diederich'.  As I
explain in the blog:

"A word about the name:

I have owned the car for 12 years now, and I have never been able to
successfully arrive at a name that really fits.  If I was going to choose a
name, which I have never done for any of my cars,  I wanted something Germanic,
something meaningful, and something... catchy.   My wife likes the car, so I
wanted to include her in the selection... and I suggested "Diederich", a family
name.  She thought the name should be feminine, which I couldn't argue with....
having come up with several male names that just didn't make it.  So....   a
feminine name...  to be combined with the Diederich family name.... Hmmm.
What about Marlene, my wife asked?  BINGO!  Marlene Diederich it is!!"

:)

http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiederich.blogspot.com/

In the case of my no-show buyer... I had arranged my afternoon to accomodate
him... I had spoken to him around 10 am Saturday, arranging for a 2:30 pm
appointment... 4 1/2 hours away.  He doesn't show up, pissing me off.   No
phone call, nothing.  Then, about 24 hours later, on Sunday, a truck with three
strange guys arrives in my driveway around 2pm.  I am thinking.... what the
hell is this? Well, it's my no show buyer.  I told him the appointment was
yesterday and he missed it, and that the car was no longer for sale.  He blamed
the confusion on his 'new medication'.... I am thinking it was his
'self-medication'.  The whole experience was just kinda creepy... and I was
left with the feeling that he wasn't so much interested in buying the car as he
was in.... 'casing the joint".    Good grief, who needs that?

Tom
SE Connecticut
1975 W115 300D
and all those BMWs