We have a similar issue. Our Panasonic did not stop but started to make a burning plastic smell so we stopped using it. I wanted to have a look inside and see if there was some evidence of exactly what was causing the issue but discovered that one cannot even open the case without specialized tools. The socket style screws have a little pin in the middle and one must get the corresponding screw driver with a small hole in the centre to remove screws. We elected to get a new Microwave quickly but I still have the old one waiting for me. I acquired the special screw driver set from an electronics parts supplier but have yet to use them.

May ultimately become MB sheet metal but I at least want to look inside.

Randy