Luther wrote:
> Can anyone offer suggestions for breaking a dissimilar metal bond?  I have a
> new to me 80s Schwinn with an aluminum seat post stuck in the steel frame.

Which Oak Park Schwinn shop put their decal on that bike?
Barnard's or Lickton's?
Barnard's used to be near you at Harlem and South Blvd.
Licktons was over on Lake east of Ridgeland.  I worked at Lickton's,
which I believe still runs a shop there.  And, I beleive Barnard's is
up north in Oak Park.  Which Schwinn do you have?  My 1938 Schwinn
skip chain baloon tire bike still serves me for my riding out west
here.
mao