On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:07:26 -0500 Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
wrote:

> Your basic description is accurate. The cartridge goes in the can and
> the nylon doodad with the mesh in it goes on top. A bit of a devil to
> get it all back into the car as there is not a whole lot of room. I
> have found it helps a lot if I put the car up on ramps before hand so
> that I can get far enough under to see if I appear to be lined up. It
> is possible to get the bolt in the wrong spot and to bend the edge of
> the canister if one tries to tighten it up without it being aligned
> properly. Cannot recall if there are any o-rings on the bolt. I don't
> think I have ever changed any.

There is a copper washer between the head of the center bolt and the
cannister and a rubber o-ring between the cannister and the oil filter
mount. The nylon bypass filter goes on top of the deep filtering
cartridge with its openings up to mate with holes in the mount. There are
no small o-rings along the length of the center bolt like on the W123.

Craig