On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM,  <relng...@aol.com> wrote:
>> ....I have had good experiences with Progressive, including the lowest
>> premium,
>> although GEICO is now slightly cheaper....
>>
> Just recently I attended a tech presentation at a local high end body shop
> (http://www.hauryscollision.com/) and the subject of paying for proper
> repairs vs cornercutting (take it or leave it) came up and the two worst
> companies for claim payment were Progressive and Geico. Followed by Farmers
> and
> State Farm. Also to be avoided is The Hartford through AARP. The Hartford
> contract says "policy holder agrees that no claim shall go to arbitration."

I've had Safeco for 15 years or so now.  The only claim I've had to
make was 10 years ago and involved fairly serious front-end work to
the diesel 2001 VW bug that I had then.  I was pleasantly surprised
that they made absolutely no fuss about my choice of body shop and
guaranteed in writing that only factory parts would be used.  They
paid the entire cost of repair less deductible, and when the body work
ran overtime they even paid for a rental car for several days beyond
the maximum time specified in the policy for rental reimbursement.

Alex