> LWB250 wrote:

> Points well taken, Tim.
>
> The one thing that nags at me regarding the electric vehicles
> is how much gas/coal/oil has to be burned to produce the
> electricity to charge or run them?
>
> I never see this in the information, and I think it's a very
> relevant aspect of the whole electric vehicle thing.

They are often called "zero emission" - but really, it should be
"displaced emission" 'cause most electricity in the country
comes from burning coal.  But that coal plant is not in the LA
"bowl" so it doesn't contribute to the smog.  Therefore, since
it is located out of sight, it can't be causing any pollution. :)

--    Philip