Thanks Dr Booth. I also did find the 47-100 pdf on my cd, but it was not indexed.

I pulled both hoses from the bottom of the tank. Unfortunately, the "out" line was black inside, indicating the presence of algae. As much as I drive the car, the algae didn't grow there, so it was pumped in.

After removing the rubber big grommet, # 71 on the 47-100, I could see the big nut to remove the screen. I am not sure I have a wrench that will fit it. It looks like it is 1 1/2 to 1 3/4, and a 3/4 inc drive socket that big won't fit in there, above the differential. My 12" adjustable won't go that big. It looks like a job for an offset box wrench, but I don't have one that big. Hmmmmm. I will go out and try what i have, but it looks like i may need to buy or build a wrench of some form.

Loren