Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:13:49 -0700
From: ernest breakfield <erne...@backyardengineering.org>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] M1 15w50

pity about the M1 not showing diesel ratings; i see their website still
shows it as being 'C' rated, but we know how often websites are
out-of-date,...

     i don't see it mentioned here very often, but if you don't mind
paying for good oil, what about Redline? i've had good luck with Redline
products in general (including in a turbocharged rotary race car that
used to rapidly coke every other oil we tried), and they have a 15W40
specifically for Diesel they claim is MB 228.3 rated.
http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=7&pcid=21

cheers!