the Brad Penn 15W40 for under $3 per quart. The valvoline stuff clearly states
high levels of zinc on the container but doesn't specify an amount.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2011, at 3:07 PM, "Larry" <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

No - I have not done an Analysis on it yet, but  I was told the levels are high
enough to protect the older engines.

It's nearing time for me to pull a sample and mail it in.... will let you know

LarryT
91 300D
youroil.net

-----Original Message----- From: Dimitri Seretakis
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 2:39 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] M1 15w50

Do you know what the zinc levels are on the Brad Penn 15W40?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2011, at 2:22 PM, "Larry" <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

For my last change on the '91 300D I went with Brad Penn 15W40 from LN
Engineering.  So far so good but all I have to go on is the pressure at idle -
which looks better than before - but there are so many variables it's not a
great gauge.  I'll run a test on it before long and see what the ZDDP levels
look like after ~2000 miles or so.

I think the cost to have 2 gallons plus shipping (Pa to Va) to my door was
around $75.

LarryT
91 300D
Youroil.net