Yep, look strange, i. e., not look right for that vintage MB, but we're all different; that's why we have different names.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaime Kopchinski" <jaime...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wheel question

This short answer is: no.

They will bolt up, but the offset will be wrong.  You need spacers like
these:
http://images.jaimekop.com/2003_08_31_Wheels_380SE/

Despite having done this myself, I agree that they're going to look strange.
Even 8 years ago, those W220 wheels were dirt cheap. Cheap stock wheels
from the 90s and early 2000s are not uncommon since they were on so many
cars, and so many people upgrade them.

Jaime