My 83 is surprisingly quick.  It puts you back in the seat when the turbo
spools up and barks the tires when it shifts into second with even
moderately spirited throttle input.  The td's are both slugs in comparison.
I towed one of the td's home on a strap and accelerated quicker than either
td will by itself.

Mike