He was giving you a line of BS, so that is why I, and others gave you more BS.

I figured he either blew out the turbo sense line or changed the fuel filter. If he had changed the liter, I figured he would have charged you for a filter. Since he didn't, I figured he blew out the sense line.

I located him through the local referral groups.  Has the highest user
ratings for getting the job done right, honesty, and fair pricing.  Plus,
he's smart, sardonic, and entertaining enough to make me forgive his jibes
and jests.

Most importantly, he has been a 123 diesel owner and mechanic since day 1
and knows what it takes to keep them on the road.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Alex Chamberlain
<apchamberl...@gmail.com>wrote:

 On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:29 PM, andrew strasfogel
 <astrasfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > He charged me for an hour of
 > labor, and wrote on the ticket: * "Hop up mill; adjust  trans"*.  When I
 > asked him what this meant (hop up mill) he was incredulous that I didn't
 > know and basically thought I was pulling his leg.

 I think he was the one pulling your leg.  "Hop up mill"?  Was this guy
 a time-traveler from the '50s?  That's not even accurate use of
 hot-rod slang--he didn't hop up the mill, just tuned it.

 Unless he does such good work that you can overlook it, I'd say to
 find yourself a new mechanic.  One that writes down exactly what he
 did on the invoice, if for no other reason that in future when the car
 exhibits the same symptoms you can refer back to it for clues or to
 rule out something that's already been fixed.

 Alex