My remembery is that water accumulating in the rear footwells is sunrooof drains. Is that correct?

This car has a windshield gasket with big cracks in it. I has leaked on the driver's feet in rainstorms for some years. This accumulation has happened with the car parked. It is not a lot. of water, but enough to start rusting .

I have taken out all the seats and mats and cleaned out the footwells and back seat platform. It is dried out now.

Next is to open the sunroof and clear the drains.

I also have to clean the drains in the hood hinge area of both 240Ds.

Tomorrow the 80 gets a heart transplant.