On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:

> Is there no market at all for parts from these? In a few years folks will be
> looking for stuff that no longer exists.

Sigh.  My thought too.  It's hard to imagine a 123 in average
condition being valuable when there are so many on the road today, but
at some point, people may well be beating the bushes for the few
rust-free bodies left.  In my lifetime (I'm 39), I've seen the same
thing happen to air-cooled VWs (just to pick one example of
many)---they used to be just dime-a-dozen cheap used cars, and now
rust-free original cars and good shells with restoration potential are
both highly valued.  You can't put much stock in predictions of what
is going to be collectible in the future, either---how many people in
the late '30s thought that '33 Fords would become a cult item?

Alex