Kevin wrote: "My neighbor, Tom, has this exact car and loves it!  He's poured
money into
it to make it right, even a total active/hydraulic suspension rebuild.  He
had the water pump seize, $1500 to make it whole again.  He says I should
give up my Mercedes addiction and get a Bimmer."

I wouldn't advise you to give up Mercedes addiction.  Mercedes are great cars -
if you know what to buy and if they have been taken care of.  I am learning
that BMW's can also be great cars  if you know what to buy and IF they have
been taken care of.

The previous owner of my car responded to an email I sent to him.  He is a good
advertisement for BMW 7 series.  He has been driving them for 23 years.  He had
a 1989 7 series, then my car, and he just bought a new "BWM 7 Series Active
Hybrid."  I didn't know what that was. So, I looked it up.  It's a 7 series
Hybrid with a turbo V8 putting out 455 horsepower and getting 27 mpg.  Looks
like an amazing car.  But, its over $100K, so I think I'll wait till he trades
it in.

Donald H. Snook