I had a summer job working at a nearby provincial park, and part of my
job was to clean the outhouse at the trail centre. It sat on the top
of a sloped hill in the woods and looked like a normal outhouse from
topside. But walk around the side and down the steps to the back where
you'll find the "access hatch". I'd have to stir-the-goo and throw a
good layer of sawdust or wood shavings on the foul mixture and it did
indeed keep the smell down. I can't remember why though.

Tim
1982 300TD Moby