I found the bubble method to be very inaccurate.

-Rolf

On 08/10/2011 08:25 PM, Fmiser wrote:
astrasfo...@gmail.com wrote:
In 25 years of W123 ownership, I have never heard of "drip
timing".  Nor has any tech ever brought this up as a
maintenance issue or requirement.
Maybe it's time to find a good mechanic.

The timing changes with chain stretch.  I am much less picky
than Marshal was, so I don't fiddle with the timing every degree
of chain stretch.  But if the chain has about "6 degrees" of
stretch, I consider it due for replacement.  If it has 3
degrees, I check the timing.

Usually, once it's set it stays there.

Common methods are drip and bubble.  Neither are hard.  Both are
a bit fiddley and don't always clearly show when the delivery
valve opens.

--     Philip