I live in DC and a local shop here (Radial Tire) suggested Toyo tires for my
'85 300TD. I wanted an H-rated tire (more sidewall plies) and they set me up
with the best tires I have had on the car - great wet/dry traction, decent in
snow, not too much road noise, and a great price. I have put about 15K mi on
them and they are wearing fine despite my aggressive cornering habits. If you
have a Toyo dealer nearby I would highly recommend you check them out; I can
get the model number of my tires if you would like.

 Rgds,
 Karl in DC

Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Not sure if they're the same model
you're referring to, Harry, but I
have Continential Touring Sport Contacts on my 124 and while they
corner nicely and are quiet on the freeway, they wear like crap.
They've got less than 10,000 miles on them and the tread looks half
gone, which I find unacceptable, even considering that I do, as BMW
owner's manuals used to put it, "drive in a spirited manner."

On 9/14/05, Harry  M.)  wrote:
> The Dunlop SP60 is a good choice as well as the Continental Conti-Sport

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D