To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:39 AM
Subject: [MBZ] glow plugs - live & learn

I had an experience yesterday where my '84 300D would not start and the dash glow plug lite would not lite and, since the glow plug fuse is fine, I checked the resistance (Fluke VOM) of the Bosch glow plugs which I installed in '06. I found two of the plugs (#3 & 4) had infinite resistance so I installed a couple of the original Behr glow plugs pulled in '06 and still reading good. I've since ordered a set of Behr glow plugs from Rusty. Is this a common occurance where the Behr glow plugs have substantially greater longevity than the Bosch glow plugs? Note: I purchased this car in '96 from the estate of the original purchaser and, since the M-B dealer from where it was originally purchased was closing its doors, I obtained all the service records for this car and found no glow plug replacements. TIA.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC