Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:39:27 -0400
From: glenn brown <g_010...@hotmail.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] glow plugs - live & learn

I had an experience yesterday where my '84 300D would not start and the dash
glow plug lite would not lite and, since the glow plug fuse is fine, I checked
the resistance (Fluke VOM) of the Bosch glow plugs which I installed in '06.  I
found two of the plugs (#3 & 4) had infinite resistance so I installed a couple
of the original Behr glow plugs pulled in '06 and still reading good.  I've
since ordered a set of Behr glow plugs from Rusty.  Is this a common occurance
where the Behr glow plugs have substantially greater longevity than the Bosch
glow plugs?  Note: I purchased this car in '96 from the estate of the original
purchaser and, since the M-B dealer from where it was originally purchased was
closing its doors, I obtained all the service records for this car and found no
glow plug replacements.  TIA.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC