> ...All I know about them is that the supercharged four sounds nice.  Kind
> of growly under load, almost like a diesel.  And that an SLK is about
> the only way you are going to get a stick in a Benz made less than 20
> years ago...

It's an automatic as were all the 4-cylinders before they put in the 3.2
V-6 which transformed the car. I've driven a few of those awful C-Class
hunchback coupes with that engine as service loaners and the engine was
unpleasant. And the exhaust note is blatty at idle. Reminiscent of elephant
flatulence.

RLE