Blue and mounted.

Winco from the 80's.

Is that good or bad??

Randy

On 07/10/2011 3:48 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
Randy,

What color was the generator set you bought, and was the transfer switch
"loose" or mounted on the generator skid?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Randy Bennell<rbenn...@bennell.ca>  wrote:

On 07/10/2011 3:18 PM, Allan Streib wrote:
Thoughts on a fair price for this?

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/tls/2637159029.html

Allan

_______________________________________

I think I would want to see it before I made much of a guess on price. Does it
look like that or is it an old photo? Do I get to dismantle the wiring for the
switch panel etc or has some hack already done it for me?

Apart from that, I normally  think most used items should not cost more than
about half of what it might cost to buy a new one like it. Maybe more if it
looks to be exceptional and I can see it run etc.

For what it is worth, I bought a 10Kw standby generator last year for $550.
Older than that but not ancient. Twin cylinder Wisconsin engine - propane
fueled. I am no expert on this sort of thing but includes the auto switch over
setup etc. IE - it is connected to line voltage, and if the power fails, it is
supposed to start up on its own and run until the power comes back on and shut
itself off.
No breaker panel etc with it.

Randy