Thanks Rich. That is some good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
wrote:

Did you check out my web page?  Everything you need to know, right there!

http://www.constructivity.net/rebuilding_a_79_300td.htm

Nothing to dread, I would take the ball joints to an indy shop and let them
deal with it.  You could rent the spring compressor from Rusty for cheapcheep.
The other stuff was not that hard.  I only vaguely recall the bushings but I
think with some dish detergent they slid right in.

Ah, here it is:

Once the spring is off you can remove and replace all the other rubber bits
very easily in an apparent process. Undo the bolt holding the upper control arm
from the engine compartment and it slides in/out easily. The upper CA to sway
bar bolt/bushings come off easily. The lower CA comes off when you undo the big
eccentric bolt on the frame, and the inner bushings come out with a bit of
hacking at the thin aluminum sleeve and some minimal force. Use a vise to press
in each bushing in the lower CA, and then put in the new aluminum sleeve and
flare the end over using a ball peen hammer round end, or something similar.
Some dish soap was recommended for lubricant of the new bushings and that
worked well until my wife came looking for it and the bottle was all greasy,
alas.

Make sure you get Lemforder ball joints, Rusty sent me some other kind and one
broke, it was crap and the mech said they had broken their tool (mucho dinero)
on the cheap ones before but were lucky this time.

--R