On 11/28/05, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>        Show me an 86 chevy diesel car with the v8 diesel from the factory!

I know you're not necessarily trying to imply that there are
non-factory cars out there with the GM 6.2 or 6.5 liter diesel in
them, Loren, but this does bring up an interesting point... would such
a conversion even be possible?  I've heard conflicting things about
the 6.2/6.5 motors.  Some people say that they bolt right up anywhere
a Chevy small-block V8 will go (same motor mounts and tranny bolt
pattern), and others say the dimensions are too different (the diesel
motor is taller, maybe?).

If it's the first case, then a turbodiesel Jag XJ6 should be a
no-brainer, considering that kits to put 350 gassers in them are
readily available.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo