On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:27 AM, "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
wrote:

> I think that the after market rustproofing is better than it once was.
> I don't know as though the tar like stuff they spray on the bottom of
> the car is any better as it tends to fall off and need to be repaired
> but I think that the waxy stuff they spray into the doors and body
> cavities is maybe better than it once was.

The waxy stuff is good.  That's what the VW had from the factory, on a
really hot day it would ooze out around some of the trim pieces.

The trouble with the black tar/ziebart treatment is I think it sealed up
the drains in the doors and other enclosed areas that they sprayed it
into, thereby trapping moisture and actually accelerating rust.

Allan