Fellow listers,
I come to you with a safety question to seek your collective advice. I need a
set of tires for my 80 300SD. It only gets driven 5-6K miles per year now. I
have the opportunity to buy a set of Michelin Energy MXV4 tires. The tires have
about 95% tread remaining and look like new. However, their production date is
0802 which puts them in the 8th week of 2002. Now they show no signs of tire
rot and have been stored inside since removed from an SL.
What do you guys think? Buy or pass due to age?
Thanks and best wishes,

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.
Monroe, Ga.