From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of roger...@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:36 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] Tire Age

Fellow listers,
I come to you with a safety question to seek your collective advice. I need
a set of tires for my 80 300SD. It only gets driven 5-6K miles per year now.
I have the opportunity to buy a set of Michelin Energy MXV4 tires. The tires
have about 95% tread remaining and look like new. However, their production
date is 0802 which puts them in the 8th week of 2002. Now they show no signs
of tire rot and have been stored inside since removed from an SL.
What do you guys think? Buy or pass due to age?
Thanks and best wishes,

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.
Monroe, Ga.