Its possible the graphics controller has died in which case you will need a
new motherboard.  Get it diagnosed first and see what they say.  Apple has
a flat rate repair if you ship the laptop to Texas ~ $300-325.  My buddy
just had the graphics go out on his '07 MBP.  About 18 months ago mine went
out, but that was a bit different because nVIDIA had a recall on the
graphics chip so Apple replaced the motherboard for free.