Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> writes:

> Vid cards are notorious for failing with heat, do you have a spare you
> could pop in?

No spare cards handy.  The video (Nvidia) is integrated into the
motherboard.

> Do you hear the hard drive whirring and clacking and
> booting?

I think so, but hard to say for sure.

> The other thing is to examine the mobo carefully and see if there are
> any popped capacitors on it or the vid card.

Nothing really obvious.

> If all that fails, and the HD seems like it is alive, then maybe just
> buy a cheap mobo and replace it, try to use the same processor and
> memory if that stuff works?

Yeah, that's a bit more work than I want to do.  I may take it into Best
Buy and have their guys look at it, I think he bought it there and may
have also bought an extended warranty (though likely that's expired by
now).

Allan
--
1983 300D