I would counter, does a debt approaching 20 TRILLION dollars makes sense for
the items you've listed?

Yes, people who use air travel (passengers and freight shippers) should pay the
cost.  We will as a population pick up some of that naturally in the increased
cost of shipped goods.  No taxation is necessary.

Ditto roads, fuel taxes sounds like a great way, siphoning these into the
general fund should be prohibited, with privately operated toll roads where
feasible.

Museums, aquariums ... how often do you visit these?  A few times a year?  You
still pay for admission in most places, why not make these places pay their own
way.  Are you happy borrowing from China and making your great grandchildren
pay for your museum experience today?

WE HAVE NO MONEY.  We need to STOP SPENDING money on non-essentials.  Sadly I
don't hold out a lot of hope for this happening.