I usually keep a few of those laundry softeners under the front seats of
the cars.  I like the smell, and they're cheap and easy to change out every
week or two when I'm vacuuming the cars.

When the weather improves, I'd give the interior a good cleaning, with all
the proper products....clean the leather and treat with food, clean all the
plastic with an appropriate cleaner, not just armourall over it.  Shampoo
the carpets, etc.  You'll find the glass will be filthy too.  Once done,
then stick a couple of the laundry softeners sheets under the seats.  The
smell will fade in time.  I had a car once, and the previous owner smoked a
couple of packs of Camels a day.  It was a cloth interior, which in ways, I
think is harder to get the stink out of.  Within a year, you couldn't smell
anything.

Good luck.

Ed
300E, who enjoys the odd cigar, or bowl of pipe tobacco, but not indoors,
or in any of the cars!