The radiator hose kind are not near as effective as the block heater. For twice the electricity, the heater hose 1500W with pump work on older cars, but you have to leave the heater valves turned on. I don't think it works with the monovalve cars.

Far and away the best is the block heater. The maggot (magnet) type might get you through this winter, but if yours has a block heater, buy the cord and some zip ties to fasten the cord.

Of the choices previously presented, the magnetic heater (around 400W, if my memory serves me correctly) if by far the least intrusive.

I never liked the "cut the radiator hose and insert" type of heater...

Just my $0.02.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone