I went to the univ junk sale today. They no longer install XP on the boxes they sell as working with OS. They are installing ubuntu (no license or phone home crap from M$$) and libreoffice. The guy I talk to there most often said that libreoffice is better than open office.

I never heard of it until a couple weeks ago. My cohort bought a dell laptop 1.7 processor with 2 gigs of memory for $150. His gatorway has a dying HD. It will be interesting to see how he does with a new OS and a new office software. He is a computer clutz.

 > Brian Toscano wrote:

 I do use Microsoft Office for Mac.  The old version was
 running fine, but was 2004 so I upgraded to the newest.

LibreOffice is available for Mac.  It is open source and no cost
- and seems to do a fine job.

http://www.libreoffice.org/

--    Philip