I was once pf the same mind, but I now find myself driving with the sunroof
open all the time.

Less wind noise than windows down, and why not use it if it works just fine?

I do know MB and Hyundai (forgive me for putting them together...)  both
add quite a bit of extra bracing to their sunroof versions, in my Tiburon
there is at least one more cross brace on the roof, and the opening is
fort-knox reinforced.

Walt