Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 08:14:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dimitri Seretakis <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] A Cathey-esque weekend

How rusty is your 240D? What color is it?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I don't actually have the 300TD anymore, it was my first MB so I do hold it
with some fondness. It was a basket case though. If I'd known then what I know
now I could have kept it longer but alas as an apartment dweller it was a
terrible car.

Of the other two it depends on what I'm doing. For commuting the 190D is great.
Its more powerful than the 240D and smaller and lighter so considerably more
"zippy" as my wife says. The 5 link suspension is way tighter and more fun than
a 123. It gets better mileage too. The 240D averages about 28mpg, the 190D
averages 37.

For carrying stuff or people the 240D is a bigger car and thus better. We're
going camping in a couple months and the 240D is the obvious choice. Its also
called for when we want to take the 17' canoe with us. I also enjoy driving a
manual trans more than an auto.

The 300TD was a delightful highway car and the self leveling rear end was the
most composed I've ever experienced, hit whatever bump you want at whatever
speed you want and it just took care of it. I'd love to have another one. When
my 240D gets too rusty too keep I'll probably go looking for a wagon.

-Curt