On Fri, 11 May 2012 21:37:55 -0400 "Gerry Archer"
<arche...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Love bug season has started in the this area and north of here.

Ah, yes. I ran into them (pun intended) when I was stationed at Tyndall
AFB in Panama City, FL, in the early '70s. Despite the slaughter on the
highways, they seemed to be very prolific.

> What's the best way to clean them off the windshield, grill, fenders,
> etc. without removing the wax coating?

I recall using DuPont powdered car wash and a sponge with a thin plastic
mesh cover to get them off. Perhaps one of FLAP's wax-preserving car wash
products would do the job.

Craig