'Can find nothing obviously amiss/loose vacuum wise; 'checked tranny fluid level; 'bout 1/4 inch below low mark; 'put in just a LITTLE BIT; 'check again tomorrow. 'Don't think its vacuum, 'less it can be just a LITTLE bit/partial; 'thought vacuum would all or none, though. 'Doesn't jerk like loose/missing vacuum that I've had before on '81 300D.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "OK Don" <okd...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 harsh shift

I would guess (and that's all it is) that the first fill of oil should be
dino based, like using break-in oil in a new engine. At the first change
and there after, I'd use M1 - but that's just me.

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Max <meadedil...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Larry T <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hey Wilton,
>When I put a rebuilt AT in my w124 last year (bought from Rusty,
>rebuilt
>by SunValley) I was planning to get the installation shop to put Mobil
>1
>ATF in but asked Sun Valley and they quickly replied that I should use
>Dexron II.

That's curious, did they give any reason?  I wonder if M1 ATF will extend
transmission life, or just cost more money.

M1 ATF did wonders for my '87 wagon, I suspect because it was cleaning up
deposits in the valve body.  Perhaps that is the best use for it, then
switch back to "regular" ATF once the benefit has been realized.

What other brands of ATF are recommended?  I think Jaime recommended the
Febi flavor that met MB specifications.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC