Sommelier?  A professional wine sniffer/taster/buyer?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff" <lwb...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] poos what do you think about these detailing techniques?

No natural caves in this part of the world, unless they are under water.

Bern's wine cellar is just that-a wine cellar that they built some years ago. They also built two so-called "caves" to house a cheese collection, which they make a point of stating that they are not man-made caves to their credit.

About 90% of their wine collection isn't even on site; it's stored off site in a climate controlled warehouse.

How do I know this? I work with a guy who was a sommelier there in the 80s. He got the wife and I a tour of the off site warehouse back in 2004.

Impressive if you are into wine. I'm not, so it was just a big building with a lot of bottles in it to me.

Now the cheese collection I could get into...

Dan who loves to cut the cheese Man