On 09/07/2012 5:12 PM, Dimitri Seretakis wrote:
I have no tolerance for Lexus:) Never will. Toyota as a company irks me. My
three most hated cars:
1. Lexus (all models)
2. Prius
3. Camry

I have to say I am more or less neutral on Lexus. Don't want one. Don't really care one way ot t'oher.

I think what irks me about Prius and Camry is the people who tend to buy them. They are smug and convinced they did the right thing because of what something like Consumer Reports told them. Especially with the Camry. Boring but solid is what they seek. At one time it might have been reasonably true but recent events have shaken that a bit haven't they? I have almost run over a Prius or two as the driver's are so intent upon not having the engine kick in that they will drive them at 2 mph.

More on  the Prius. I never wanted one but I am becoming more interested.
I have some clients who drive taxicabs. They use Prius and say the cars are bullet proof. I am told that they put high mileage on them and they literally need nothing.

Combine that with pretty good acceleration and mileage and they would no doubt make a good city car. I don't think I want to do long highway trips on one but from home to my office is maybe a mile and a half or two and it would be fine for that.

Randy