The obvious question is "have you checked the coolant level"?  I
presume the answer is YES and the level is NORMAL.

If so, with the engine off spin the radiator fan.  if it spins freely
without reistance the fan clutch is worn and needs to be replaced.  A
worn fan clutch will cause the engine to run hotter at highway speed
than at slower speeds.  At least this was the case in my W108 sedan
and W111 3.5 coupe.

DImitri - are you reading this?