I have yet to see any scientific evidence against the use of composed
cat waste in a vegetable garden.  The bugaboo spread by ignoramuses is
the parasitic disease toxoplasmosis, which can spread from felines to
adults and adolescents.  In this specific case, our cats are 100
percent house bound, eat commercial cat food that contains no animal
byproducts, and use a corn based litter.  I compost their waste along
with Starbucks coffee grounds, vegetal kitchen scraps, and leaves
grass clippings from a back yard that never sees pesticides.  After a
year, I till this composed stuff into the soil.

The reason I do this is to reduce the household waste stream and
improve the  fertility and tilth of the soil in the yard.  So, far,
the results speak for themselves. When you stop to think of the toxic
chemicals used on "conventionally" grown fruits and vegetables, there
is no comparison.