Depending on what hole I was looking to fill on a team I wouldn't find a lack
of joke a problem. I'm usually the jokester so its nice to have a straight man
around. Gotta balance the team.

I'm usually the one that breaks the curve on the oddball questions. Did I ever
tell you guys about the time I took the Meyers-Briggs personality survey? We
did it with work. Apparently we took the "super intensive" or something, I
forget exactly but there were something like 2,000 questions, it took several
days to complete (meanwhile getting no real work done).

Many of the questions were of the type "do you believe A or B?" and it got to
the point where sometimes I thought "well, both" or "Neither" so after awhile I
started filling in two bubbles per question. Then I started filling in many
bubbles so it spelled out words like: "This test sucks", sometimes I'd fill in
all As for awhile, then all B, then all C and so on.

So after wasting all this time they take the whole group of us to a ski resort
for a day of skiing and a couple days of team building and going over the test.
This is when I start to get nervous. They announce "Somebody thought they'd be
a smart alec and fill in multiple bubbles" and the project on the screen some
of my answers. At this point I'm absolutely sure I'm going to be fired. Then
they announce "the joke is on the jokester, the test is designed to take his
personality type into account." All eyes on me at this point, I'm the OBVIOUS
culprit.

The test breaks you into personality types and I forget how it all works out
but I'm a creative, turns out 2 people in my group are creatives, one is an
introvert, the other an extrovert. They tell us that this is great because one
should be the manager of the other and in fact those two people are in a
manager/employee relationship. Turns out its me and my boss, but I'm the
extrovert. I thought his head was going to explode he turned so red.

A month later the company is bought, we all lose our jobs.

-Curt