During the '60s you could buy new chrome plated pistons. On the 110 we replaced the pistons/seals and rubbed the cylinders with increasingly fine wetordry. The calipers were fine for 100K plus miles until it was sold. If new chrome pistons were available today I would rebuild the calipers instead of buying new calipers which are quite expensive.
Gerry

From: "Jaime Kopchinski" <jaime...@gmail.com>
I've had hit or miss success with them.  Some have lasted for years, some
leak right away.  If they're not too expensive, I like to buy new ones.
Jaime

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Dimitri Seretakis <dsereta...@yahoo.com>wrote:

I always feared that but the rebuilds have worked fine for me so far. At
some point, though, I'd like to rebuild one myself for purely academic
reasons:)

Sent from my iPhone