----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>

During the '60s you could buy new chrome plated pistons. On the 110 we replaced the pistons/seals and rubbed the cylinders with increasingly fine wetordry. The calipers were fine for 100K plus miles until it was sold. If new chrome pistons were available today I would rebuild the calipers instead of buying new calipers which are quite expensive.
Gerry

If they are still around, White Post restorations used to advertise in the Star. He did Stainless Steel sleeves for Master cyl, brake Cyl and I think for calipers. I can't remember his name. He was an Enginerror with the attitude that he was holier than thou. I am sure his work was good though. I only ran into him one time at an MBCA national event, before he started doing the rebuilds.

He's still around.   http://www.whitepost.com/brake.html

I'll contact him when I get ready to do the brakes.
Thanks,
Gerry