clay monroe <redgh...@comcast.net> writes:

> Near me the local street crews are putting in traffic calming islands

Happening here too, it is almost impossible to get from point A to
point B without negotiating a variety of obstacles and
impediments... you'd amost think the city council didn't like
cars... naahhhh couldn't be that....

> Added to this, main streets are being torn up two years after being
> repaved, so that sewers can go in.

Also happens here, I'm pretty much convinced it's deliberate to keep the
workers in jobs.  And 8 workers staffed on what should be a 2-man
sidewalk repair, with 2 actually working and 6 standing around leaning
on shovels.... maybe that's what they mean by "shovel ready"

Allan
--
Allan Streib