On 14/11/2012 5:16 PM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Rich Thomas wrote:
I just put about 20 GFCI and AFCI breakers in my new panel, them thangs are pricey!

Ground faults are pricey, arc faults are wicked expensive.
I can't wait until they get automatic sprinkler systems in the residential building codes, that'll make costs go up even more.

Mitch.

How about conduit? My recollection, is that when we visited with my wife's uncle and family in a suburb of Chicago in about 1974, he was quite proud of the fact that he had just installed AC in their home. All of the wiring had to be in conduit. Talk about a benefit to the electrician's union. He had done it himself though.

I think that was on Indiana Street in  Park Forest south of Rte 30N.
We were on our way to visit her grand parents in Ashland Ohio. They are both gone now.
Long time ago - 38 years. Her uncle Jim has been dead for years now too.

Randy