On 06/12/2012 12:03 PM, Tim C wrote:
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>wrote:

I hate it when people complain that their 300D fuel economy is "only"
in the mid 20s mpg.

My '77 300D is small, compared to your wagon.  I get 21-23 in town, trips
generally start cold and go 5-7 miles, tops.  I don't think you are way out
of line.  I get "mid 20s" if I drive on the interstate for a tank, but I
never do that since the van is much more comfortable.

Standard economy driving - slow starts, slow stops, over-inflated tires -
will help your mileage, but not necessarily the car's longevity.

Best,
Tim

I keep records too.
My 76 115 300D has done a low of 16.5 and a high of 26.6 - in US gallons.
The average over several summers is 21.02.

Randy